Are you hosting a sustainable agriculture conference or educational event that needs some support? The North Central Region Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (NCR-SARE) program has limited funds available to support conferences and educational events relevant to sustainable agriculture.
To qualify, events should specifically serve the 12-state North Central Region (either in entirety, or a substantial portion of the region), or be national events that are being hosted within the North Central Region states.
For 2020, applications received by:
- January 31 will be informed by February 7
- April 30 will be informed by May 7
- July 31 will be informed by August 7
- October 31 will be informed by November 7th
Events that feature speakers or information from SARE-funded projects will be prioritized, but funding for other events pertinent to sustainable agriculture can be considered if they are relevant to the overall goals of NCR-SARE:
- Sustaining and improving the environmental quality and natural resource base on which agriculture depends,
- Improving the profitability of farmers/ranchers and associated agricultural businesses, and
- Enhancing the quality of life for farmers/ranchers, communities, and society as a whole.
We especially welcome requests for events that reach audiences USDA defines as socially disadvantaged. If your event is statewide or more localized, please consider contacting your SARE state coordinator to see if statewide SARE funds are available to support your event.
The NCR-SARE regional coordinator and professional development regional coordinator will jointly make decisions on events to be funded, consulting as needed with either other SARE staff, including SARE Outreach, and/or the NCR-SARE Executive Committee.
Questions can be directed to NCR-SARE.
Main Email: firstname.lastname@example.org