NCR-SARE has limited funds available to support conferences and educational events relevant to sustainable agriculture.
To qualify, events should occur within six months of the application deadline and specifically serve the 12-state North Central Region (either in entirety, or a substantial portion of the region), or be national events that are being offered within the North Central Region states. Most funding support will be in the $1000-$2000 range per event. To be considered for funding, applicants should complete this online form. Applications will be reviewed four times a year.
Applications received by:
- January 31 will be informed by February 7
- April 30 will be informed by May 7
- July 31 will be informed by August 7
- October 31 will be informed by November 7th
Events that feature speakers or information from SARE-funded projects will be prioritized, but funding for other events pertinent to sustainable agriculture can be considered if they are relevant to the overall goals of NCR-SARE:
- Improving the profitability of farmers/ranchers and associated agricultural businesses,
- Sustaining and improving the environmental quality and natural resource base on which agriculture depends, and
- Enhancing the quality of life for farmers/ranchers, communities, and society as a whole.
We especially welcome requests for events that reach audiences USDA defines as socially disadvantaged. If your event is statewide or more localized, please consider contacting your SARE state coordinator to see if statewide SARE funds are available to support your event.
The NCR-SARE regional coordinator and professional development regional coordinator will jointly make decisions on events to be funded, consulting as needed with either other SARE staff, including SARE Outreach, and/or the NCR-SARE Executive Committee.