North Central SARE strengthens communities, increases producers' economic viability, and improves the environment through grants and education.Learn more about our grants
Our Grant Programs
Farmer Rancher Grant Program
a competitive grant program for farmers and ranchers to explore sustainable solutions to problems
Youth Educator Grant Program
a competitive grant program for youth educators to encourage youth to try sustainable practices
Graduate Student Grant Program
a competitive grant program to fund graduate student projects
Research and Education Grant Program
Partnership Grant Program
a competitive grant program for cooperative projects between agriculture professionals and small groups of farmers and ranchers
Professional Development Grant Program
a competitive grant program for training agricultural educators in extension, Natural Resources Conservation Service, private, and not-for-profit sectors
FARMERS: SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON COVER CROPS IN THE NATIONAL COVER CROP SURVEY!
Farmers are invited to share their thoughts on cover crops in an online survey conducted by SARE, the Conservation Technology Information Center (CTIC) and the American Seed Trade Association (ASTA), with the help of Informa/Farm Progress.Take the Survey
What is Sustainable Agriculture?
How do we produce and distribute food, fuel, and fiber sustainably? While every strategy varies, SARE embraces three broad goals: economic viability over the long term; stewardship of our nation’s land, air, and water; and quality of life for farmers, ranchers, and their communities.Learn More
- Guide to Building Meat Processing Facilities
- "Lessons to Go" for Youth by KC Farm School
- The Fruit and Nut Compass: Planning Tool for Perennials
- Farming into the Future by Centering Farmworkers: A Guide
- Transitioning to Organic Production Bulletin
- Scaling Up Your Vegetable Farm for Wholesale Markets
- How to Launch a Women Farmer Network in Your Community
- CSA Starts Here: A Video Series for New CSA Producers
- Managing Livestock with Drones: Video Tutorials
- Introduction to Sustainable Hydroponics Course
- Down on the Farm Toolkit: Supporting Farmers in Stressful Times
- Manage Weeds on Your Farm: An Ecological Approach
NCR-SARE's 2023 Heroes: Dean Baas and KB Paul
Dean Baas and KB Paul have been named the 2023 NCR-SARE Heroes.
About North Central SARE
NCR-SARE offers competitive grants and educational opportunities for producers, scientists, educators, institutions, organizations and others exploring sustainable agriculture in America’s Midwest.
Our farm is an exceptional place; it is a safe environment that nurtures and helps one grow. Through the support of organizations like NCR-SARE, we can support and help make transformative experiences in the lives of those that would not have this kind of opportunity otherwise.