Youth Educator Grant Program
NCR-SARE recognizes that youth programs are a way to introduce new and exciting farming and ranching options to youth, families, and community members. The Youth Educator program provides opportunities for youth to learn about Sustainable Agriculture (farming and ranching that is ecologically sound, profitable, and socially responsible). Youth Educator grants support projects by youth educators that encourage youth to try sustainable practices and explore sustainable agriculture as a viable career option.
- Youth Educator Grants are competitive grants for educators to provide programming on sustainable agriculture for youth.
- $6,000 maximum.
- A sample of the call for proposals is available throughout the year, but you should always consult the current call for proposals when applying.
- The annual portfolio of youth educator grant proposals is reviewed and awarded on the annual timeline.
- Scroll down to view a PowerPoint presentation about completing a proposal for NCR-SARE’s Youth Educator grant program.
- Take a look at grants that have been previously funded.
- Review the projects funded in the last grant cycle.
Funding decisions are made by NCR-SARE’s regional Administrative Council after receiving feedback from a review committee. The Administrative Council is a collection of farmers, ranchers, university representatives, nonprofit representatives, Extension and NRCS people, other government employees, and agribusiness representatives. This group sets research priorities and recommends projects for funding.
NCR-SARE can provide grant applications, reports from other projects, lists of funded projects, or other sustainable agriculture information.
Before writing a grant proposal, determine a clear project goal and explore previous research. It often helps to contact NCR-SARE, local agriculture groups, the Natural Resources Conservation Service, and/or Extension educators to share ideas and invite participation.
Timelines are subject to change. Always adhere to the due date listed in the current Call for Proposals.
- Mid August: Call for Proposals Released
- Early November: Proposals Due
- February: Funding Decisions
- Spring: Funds Available to Recipient
A PowerPoint slideshow about the 2022 Youth Educator Grant program is forthcoming. Please check back!
A unique aspect of NCR-SARE is our personal contact with grantees involved in the program. The Youth Educator Grant Program has a program liaison, Joan Benjamin, who can answer your questions about the program.
- Joan Benjamin, Farmer Rancher Grant Program Coordinator and Associate Regional Coordinator, 573-681-5545, BenjaminJ@lincolnu.edu
Recent Grant Projects
Click on the links below to access lists of funded project information. You can also view lists of projects that have been funded in your state.
|Professional Development |
List of 2020 Professional Development Program Projects
|Research and Education |
List of 2020 Research and Education Projects
|Youth Educator |
List of 2021 Youth Educator Projects
|Graduate Student |
List of 2020 Graduate Student Projects
|Farmer Rancher |
List of 2021 Farmer Rancher Projects
List of 2021 Partnership Projects